[Newspoetry] Robert Meade Disses the APS

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 8 14:18:23 CDT 2002

I'm not sure what to make of this.
(especially see comment at the end "To Baltimore:"):
<http://nycap.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2803&group=webcast>

Does it mean that Bobby Meade, infamous Bible-obsessed mad spammer of
the IMC network (just Google "Robert Meade" and "IMC" if you aren't
already familiar with him) is, like many Newspoets, an anti-APS
anti-poet?

Does this mean "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" will be a future
Newspoetry theme?

Does this indicate I've been out in the sun too long?

And the poem really is a monstrosity of homophobic excess combined with
paranoid rhymes that grate on the senses (if you haven't seen it, I'm
sure it'll come up on Google.) I actually have a hard time believing
anyone would publish it without him paying them (except for a
daily-dwindling number of IMCs). Perhaps Hell has frozen over. Or is the
APS a cult for right-wing nutjob poets?

Mike