[Newspoetry] poetry APB

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Fri Jul 12 11:30:35 CDT 2002

OK, people.  Newspoetry.com is facing a newspoetry drought.  Now more than
ever we need your contributions.  Even a poem a month can make a difference
for this poor, starving poetry website.  Plus it's completely
tax-deductible.  OK, so it's not.  But it doesn't cost anything except the
prose you would have otherwise written.

What to write about.  Well, there's juicy corporate scandal which is now
implicating Ross Perot, the plummeting stock market, the 7-million-year-old
humanoid skull, and ...

The Crown Victoria.  Seems police departments have noticed a Pinto-like
tendency for CV's to explode upon rear impact, much more common for police
cruisers than civilian CV's, because police cruisers tend to frequently be
parked on shoulders -- and they're suing Ford.  This seems like a good
Newspoetry topic for Your Aunt Barbara, Fatelli, or any of the rest of the
family who ought to defend the CV against this kind of slander.

Let's see.  There's running with the bulls.  Surely Newton Bigelow was there?

And I can't believe there was no Newspoetry about the world cup.  Are we
all living under rocks, or what?  (OK, admittedly I don't give a crap about
the world cup either).

Yucca mountain, anyone?  Any local stories inspiring verse?

I know what you're asking.  You're asking: what's in it for me?  Well,
that's a good question.  I'll have to think about that one.

editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/