[Newspoetry] poetry APB

Chris Piuma piuma at flim.com
Fri Jul 12 12:01:57 CDT 2002

Just before being eaten by wolves, Editor-Within-Chief <futrelle at shout.net> said:
> Yucca mountain, anyone?

WHY I CAN'T WRITE A FUCKING POEM ABOUT FUCKING YUCCA MOUNTAIN

I cannot fucking think about this shitty-ass plan
to fucking transport a crapload of goddamn nuclear
fucking waste throughout the entire motherfucking country
to a site with piss-poor storage facilities
that is prone to fucking earthquakes -- earthquakes,
for fuck's sake! Earthquakes! Fuck! What the fuck?
"We've decided to send nuclear waste along highways,
through major cities, even" -- maybe half a fucking mile
from where I fucking live! -- "in leaky containers" --
what's the fucking statistic, something like a goddamn
X-ray's worth of radiation leaked out every fucking
hour? I'd hate to be a pregnant woman stuck behind that
fucker in rush hour traffic, shit! -- "so that there will be
slightly less nuclear waste in the original storage facilities."
Holy fucking shit! And let's fucking put it in Nevada,
where they've never even built a goddamn nuclear power plant.
Fucking brilliant! How fucking hard could it be to vote
down this plan? You'd need the fucking political leadership of
a fucking walnut! But, no, the fucking Senate voted for it!
Motherfuckers! What the fuck is wrong with them? It just,
it just gets me so fucking upset that I am reduced
to stupid, shitty-ass cuss words. I can't even cuss for shit!
Fuck! So that's why I can't write a motherfucking
poem about this fucked-up Yucca Mountain shit!

--
Chris Piuma, etc.
zine: http://www.flim.com