[Newspoetry] Turtle Nation

CJC cc_poetry at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 21:04:03 CDT 2002

  Of Turtle Nations – 10/15/02

Cassandra J. Chavez

The star bellied Sneetches are waving their stars

And snubbing their noses at none upon thars

And George Bush is young, and George Bush is old

And both save the children (or so we are told)

While the Whos down in Whoville are too faint to hear

as the bamboozle stew grows ever so near

The globe bellied Sneetches are striving to say

that killing for killing is never the way

The masters of war are at it again

They’ve a cat in their hat now, and so many friends

While Barbara Lee is threatened with bombs

for voting for peace in a congress gone wrong

Albright says thousands (of children) are a fair price to pay,

to get that Saddam – who’s gotten away

And Osama, we’re told, has ten years on the run

from his backers, the people whose war has begun!

I heard a child ask Jennings if the hijacker had kids

He failed to explain what happened to his

Perhaps in the camps where so many have died

at the hands of Israel with US by their side

Our tax dollars for Israel and now……….more than ever

while they break peace agreements and continue to settle

Lincoln said the republic would succumb to corporations

which create their own wars and govern all nations

Eisenhower warned us of which it would be

and now they employ us…..**The brave and the free**

As Myrtle the turtle drops bombs on Kabul

and nothing is solved, so he’s dropping them still

On orphans and widows too broken to run

Not even elected and his war has begun

………….a war on a tactic

Though our constitution declares

We reserve war for nations with none upon theirs

While the star bellied Sneetches continue to blame,

another, the other, though all are the same

is Myrtle the turtle still destined to fall,

becoming the weakest turtle of all?

………….