[Newspoetry] Please share the words of "The Pledge" with your readers!

John gavroche at gavroche.org
Wed Jun 19 15:11:17 CDT 2002

Curious...

I wonder what The Pledge was approved by the NYC BOE for use as...

I know there are some students in the NYC public schools who by religion are
banned from making pledges/oaths.  That's why the Pledge of Allegiance is
rarely recited in public schools anymore.

So if classrooms begin reciting this pledge...I wonder if this will end up
in the courts....