[Newspoetry] Gil-ga-Mishnah Torah: Rules for WordGames

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Wed Mar 6 17:29:33 CST 2002

Gil-ga-Mishna Torah: Rules for WordGames

Until sphenography comes back in stylus,
I am its transpersonational leading wedge.
I'll be weaving legerdemain pylorustically
(La jour de main, lege german, liege demander --
Habla pabulum verboten, pox pax vobiscum)
As flies an archery's Poetr-Eschery feather,
Straight into mindsight treasury or treachery,
Breaking the laws of the King's Englishman,
By shooting my poems in poaching season,
By shooting poematriarch pneumatic needles
Straight at bared arms, legs, veins, mainlinely,
By shooting stuffy-shirt unpoems full of holes,
Standing on butt.on-holy-groundier-than-thou,
Wrestling e-L'Only-One-Who-Cheats-Death.

Escher, assure me (yes, by a personal word,
by word of honor, by word, your honored word,
yes, you onerous onery rhino-censorosity!),
Transformational grammatologicality speaks.
Transcend transplattitudinal transformates.
Surf superficiality superfeliciosity, serf ants.
Ordinary language by cognates transformulates
Transformality, as transferential transparents.
Transference possibly traduces tra-la-la logic,
While inference hooks on horns of all-or-none.
Transfairies turn trance -- tune truancy ferries!
Transformatics could be some rebel's religion,
Wherein El Ron Hubba-hubba-hubbard preys
And slays children held in bonds intransigent.

Why mention Gil-ga-M*I*S*H*N*A idolatry?
What would ancient or modern Babylonians
Have to do with any of the Pre-Jud(ah)-icials
Who hiply shoot first, below belted waists?
What does the great King's justice declare,
When it says that its word is to be its law,
Imitatio Dei, who breaks law miraculously?
Someone there ought to be to speak true
If words would transform gibberish scenes.
I believe in the might of the magic of words.
Every thought happens only as verbalism
That interrupts the automatic neuro-logic
Of paths already laid down; verboten dicta-
torsos bare chests, beat hearts to pieces.

Imagining that I am always listening,
To some sounds that I am christening,
Naming is a head job never well undone,
Never minding must also ever be done.