[Newspoetry] "puff the magic dragon"

Jay Morris jrmorris at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 16:01:22 CST 2002

In my ignorance of military machinery I didn't realize that 'Puff' the
'gunship' was not actually a 'ship', but an airplane.

See revised version below.
jay

Puff, the magic dragon, patrolled overseas,
He frolicked o'er the Middle East, and killed the Afghanis.
Little Georgie Dubya loved that rascal Puff,
And bought him all the latest toys and other fancy stuff, oh

Puff, the magic dragon, patrolled overseas,
He frolicked o'er the Middle East, and killed the Afghanis.
Puff, the magic dragon, patrolled overseas,
He frolicked o'er the Middle East, and killed the Afghanis.

Together they would travel, and beat folks up for oil,
Georgie had a goal to warm the oceans to a boil.
Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came
And Georgie would confuse them, and mangle all their names.

CHORUS

A tyrant's term's forever, but not so president,
And sometimes when the ballot's clear, the votes lie where they're
meant.
One grey night it happened, and Georgie ruled no more,
Puff returned from service, and to the hangar floor.

His metal was recycled, his seats were torn apart,
And all of Puffy's gauges were sold to France as art.
The new pres. took a mandate from the people of her land,
And Puff, the magic dragon was never seen again, oh

CHORUS