[Newspoetry] |\|YT pr()/\/\ptz 020310a

Intermittent Fitz
Sun Mar 10 18:59:46 CST 2002

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/10/national/10FLYI.html
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/10WIRE-AFGH.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/08/science/08DINO.html

Cast

Mark A. Noell, a paleontologist at the American Museum of Natural History
in New York City
Brad Scheafnocker, the airport's director of parking services
Maj. Bryan Hilferty, the spokesman of the 10th Mountain Division
a Pizza Delivery man

Setting

The entrance to long-term parking at the airport.

Noell drives up in a rental car.

Scheafnocker: Sir, can you pop your trunk?

Noell: Sure.

Scheafnocker searches the trunk, finds something, and brings it back to
show it to Noell.

Scheafnocker: What is this, sir?

Noell: Here we have something that is a true feather.

Scheafnocker: This rock?

Noell: Yes, it's a fossil.

Scheafnocker: OK, thank you sir. Next?

Hilferty pulls up in a Lincoln Navigator.

Scheafnocker: Sir, can you open the back for me?

Hilferty: OK.

Scheafnocker searches Hilferty's bags and comes back to the front.

Scheafnocker: Sir, are you transporting firearms?

Hilferty: Yes I am.

Scheafnocker: OK, I'm going to have to open those bags up.

Hilferty: I don't think that'll be necessary; I'm with the 10th mountain
division.

Hilferty flashes a fancy-looking ID card.

Scheafnocker: OK, sir, sorry, my mistake.

Hilferty: Busy today?

Scheafnocker: You bet. For a while, we were down to 1,500 cars, but it's
coming right back to where it used to be.

Hilferty: I'll say. Say, what's your name, son?

Scheafnocker: Brad Scheafnocker, sir.

Hilferty: Nice to meet you.

Scheafnocker: So do you think we're safe here, sir, with all the new
security measures?

Hilferty: Well, I'll tell you one thing: if I were an al-Qaida guy, I
wouldn't go out for a pizza.

Pizza delivery man enters.

Pizza delivery man: I have a large pizza here for Brad Scheafnocker.

Check here [ ] for tragic ending and [ ] for comic ending.

- I. Fitz