[Newspoetry] FW: [Fwd: RE: Photos and Poems by Simone & Manjul]

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 16 00:21:41 CDT 2002

This is newspoetry from the other side of the world.  Follow the link below,
then click on  "The People Who Live in Shangri-La ..."
----------
From: Jack Porter <jrpor at fgi.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 00:10:10 -0700
To: Paul Younger <younger.p at alice.bmts.com>, Frank van Aalst
<fvanaalst at earthlink.com>, Peg Blue <dblue98908 at aol.com>, Susie Sewell
<susans at edtsi.com>, David Porter <David_Porter at esc.edu>, Bill Cohea
<colum at epix.net>, Bob Porter <bwp61 at ix.netcom.com>, sharon McAllister
<sharonmc at forward.net>, Dick Watts <rgwatts at dakotacom.net>, Bob Sutherland
<rdsuth at ilstu.edu>
Cc: Maria Mumford <mumfordm at bschool.unc.edu>, susan Simone
<simone at PurpleValley.net>
Subject: [Fwd: RE: Photos and Poems by Simone & Manjul]

This material is the result of Maria Mumford introducing Madhu to Susan
Simone in Durham, NC last October.  Susan needed a translator for poems
written by a Nepalese poet  in response to her photographs.  Madhu is an old
friend of the poet and an award-winning translator, so he readily agreed.
He diligently worked on translations while he was with me, especially after
his eyesight was restored.  He finished in the Ottawa area before leaving
Canada.  The story of the international collaboration is itself remarkable.
I hope you enjoy the results.
    Jack

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: RE: Photos and Poems by Simone &
Manjul Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:13:43 -0400 From: "Susan Simone"
<simone at PurpleValley.net> <mailto:simone at PurpleValley.net> Reply-To:
<simone at PurpleValley.net> <mailto:simone at PurpleValley.net> To:
<simone at purplevalley.net> <mailto:simone at purplevalley.net>

Thanks for all of the praise for the Jouvert Poems and Photographs.   I hope
that many of you are able to get to a computer where you can successfully
down-load the software and view the movie.   Manjul really comes to life
reading ³Washing Shadows² and Richard has done a wonderful job of weaving in
a bit of Kathmandu, the Himal and the voices of Aavas and Manjul.  Please do
read the Editors Notes by Debra Wyrick for an excellent job of researching
and summarizing the evolving crisis there.

http://social.chass.ncsu.edu/jouvert

If I missed you in the first message. Go to the Jouvert Web-site and click
on Current Issue!

Susan Simone

simone at purplevalley.net

www.purplevalley.net <http://www.purplevalley.net>