[Newspoetry] this time we're ahead of the curve

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Wed May 29 09:12:33 CDT 2002

 From the Onion:

"CNN Graphic Designer Asked To Combine Dollar Sign, Syringe, Fighter Jets,
Panda
ATLANTA—Christine Kannberg, a CNN Headline News graphic designer, expressed
befuddlement Monday when asked to create a story logo incorporating a
dollar sign, a syringe, fighter jets, and a panda. "I can't even begin to
imagine what this one's for," Kannberg said from her workstation. "Maybe,
like, the Beijing Zoo was smuggling drugs into the U.S. inside pandas, and
we bombed them or something." Last week, Kannberg was asked to create a
graphic combining a football helmet, three DNA helixes, a rhubarb pie, and
the state of Oregon."

editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/