[Newspoetry] Public i needs your list

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 09:28:20 CST 2002

The "Public i" is a monthly newspaper published by the U-C Independent Media
Center. I am one of the editors.  Our December January issue is going to
have a theme of "lists" -- sort of playing on Christmas lists and New Years
resolutions lists, etc... but of course with our own slant.

Would you consider submitting a list to be published? Please? Some ideas
include - but are NOT limited to:

wish lists for local shelters
things to do when you shut off your TV
military recruitment statistics
things you can do for your environment
energy saving tips/holiday waste reduction ideas,
alternative holiday gifts
things you should know about the media
some play on "best of the year" movies / songs/ shows etc.

We already have someone working on
global village statistics
war on drugs/ marijuana statistics
favorite quotes (political)

To submit a list for before our next meeting, post it to the public i
newswire at:

http://publici.ucimc.org/

or email it to:

imc-print at urbana.indymedia.org

We would like the list submitted by Thursday, Nov. 21. But if you can't get
the final draft by then at least let us know your interest and what you are
working on so we can work with an extended deadline for you.
This is an open invitation. Please forward this request - but more
importantly - please make your own list and have a little fun while your at
it.
Thanks, Sandra Ahten

Thanks