[Newspoetry] Fwd: Homeland Security Cultural Bureau - Chat with John Ashcroft on Art and Culture

John gavroche at gavroche.org
Sun Nov 24 02:27:38 CST 2002

> This one goes beyond the appall-o-meter.  I think we'll have to break out the
> existential dread-o-meter, or perhaps the slobbering paranoia-o-meter:

> http://www.hscb.org/res-chats-ashcroft.htm

oh my god!   I almost fell for this one and forwarded it to another
political discussion list.  I really need some sleep.

Luckily I browsed around the site and found their job vacancies:

http://www.hscb.org/opportunities.htm

Vacancy Announcement No. P1684
Director of Directors, grade P.5, Capone, McCarthy, Hoover, Nixon,
Kissinger, Ashcroft, ___________. You could be one in a long line of great
Americans who manipulated and turned their nose at the law.
Closing date for receipt of applications: November 10, 2002

Vacancy Announcement No. P1700
Deputy Director, grade P.5, Concept Development Unit, Advisement of Cultural
Organizations, New York Division, work closely with Director General to
implement strategy with large museums and cultural organizations,
implementing a "self-monitoring" program so that no cries of censorship will
be voiced.
Closing date for receipt of applications: November 10, 2002

Parts of the site are so well worded it is frighteningly believable.