[Newspoetry] Fwd: Homeland Security Cultural Bureau - Chat with John Ashcroft on Art and Culture

Robert Porter bwp61 at POPD.ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 24 12:00:01 CST 2002

Wow.  This whole site is one gigantic newspoem. They don't step out
of character much, do they?
I have to admit I'm relieved.  I swallowed this thing hook, line,
sinker, pole, and half the fisherman's arm when I first looked at it.

BTW, the following page will give you a good idea of where these
folks really stand:

http://www.hscb.org/res-story-cultsabotage.htm

Paricularly this bit at the end:

             Don't picket - vandalize.
             Don't protest - deface. When ugliness, poor design & stupid waste
             are forced upon you, turn Luddite, throw your shoe in the
works, retaliate.
             Smash the symbols of the Empire in the name of nothing
but the heart's
             longing for grace.

-- Bob