[Newspoetry] newspoem that came to me in a dream

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Thu Oct 10 16:27:20 CDT 2002

Chess Masters: Rename Game "Khess"

BAHRAIN (Associated Poets) -- World chess champion Vladimir Kramnik
and former world champion Garry Kasparov are hoping to change the
name of the popular strategy board game which has come to represent a
supreme test of mental ability from "Chess" to "Khess".

"Our names both begin with K and so does Karpov's," they stated
flatly in a joint appearance between matches at the Brains in Bahrain
competition, where Kramnik is hoping to defeat German chess computer
Deep Fritz in a historic mental battle between man and machine, the
likes of which have not been seen since IBM's Deep Blue defeated
Kasparov in 2000.

"K is a very important letter among chess champions," they continued,
"dating back to Emanuel Lasker's glorious 27-year reign.

"It is only fitting that the name of the game include the letter in a
prominent position."

Bobby Fischer was unavailable for comment, and we are still searching for him.

Editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/