[Newspoetry] Memo from Homeland Security

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 24 12:39:05 CST 2003

To:  President of the United State
From: Direktor of Homeland Cecurity

Mr. President,

Here's the first draft of our glossary of terms for the ready.gov website:

glossary of ready.gov:

Carbuncle:  A disease potentially noncontagious mortal caused while
breathing, while eating or by absorbing cut through inside bacteria of
skin known under the name of bacillus anthracite.

Biological Attack:  The release deliberated on the biological germs or
other substances which can return to you sick.

Chemical Attack:  The release deliberated on a pollutant gas, a liquid or
a solid which can poison the people and the environment.

"Dirty Bomb":  The use of the common explosives to draw aside the
radioactive material surplus per sector concerned.  Moreover known as
radiation attacks, "a dirty bomb" is not a nuclear breath, but rather an
explosion with the localised radioactive contamination.

Evacuation:  The process to leave a potentially dangerous sector.

Blow Nucléaire:  An explosion with the light and intense heat, a wave
prejudicial of pressure and the widespread radioactive material which can
soil surfaces of air, water and ground of the miles around.

Iodize Potassium:  The potassium iodide was approved by the FDA like dopes
nonprescription for the use as "agent of blocking" to prevent human
thyroid gland of radioactive iodine absorbing.

Threaten Of Radiation:  The use of the common explosives to draw aside the
radioactive material surplus per sector concerned.  Moreover known as
"bends salts," a threat of radiation is not a nuclear breath, but rather
an explosion with the localised radioactive contamination.

"Shelter-In Place":  The process to remain where you are and taking the
shelter, rather than to try to evacuate.

Virus Of Variola:  An infectious disease serious, contagious, and
sometimes mortal.  There is no specific treatment for the disease of
variola, and the only prevention is vaccination.  Named variola is derived
from the Latin word for "repèré" and refers to the increased bumps which
appear on the face and the body of an infected person.

Syrup of Ipecac:  A medicine induced the vomiting in the case of
accidental poisoning.  Employ syrup of Ipecac only under the instruction
of the authorities of ordering of poison because some poisons can damage
more while being vomit.

Thyroid gland:  A butterfly formed the gland which is through the base of
the neck in front of the windpipe which produces the thyroid hormone.

It's been pointed out to me that there are some grammatical errors, but I
think you'll get the gist of it.  I think you''l be pleased to learn that
my staff continus to find new and intestine uses for the duck tape you
sent us.  There has been som confusson reg: the use of garbage bags for
personal sanitary needs, though.  We may need to ask for additional moneys
for the custodial budget this month.

Please let me now if you think any revisions are necessarry.  Ill do my
best to implement them before we put the websit onlone.

Yours truley,

Tom