[Newspoetry] Your taxes used to subsidize assassination?

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Wed Feb 26 15:18:11 CST 2003

At 8:42 AM -0600 2/26/2003, Robert Porter wrote:
>From today's New York Times:
>
>"Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald, Republican of Illinois, was quoted by
>The Daily Herald of suburban Chicago as saying that Mr. Bush told
>him he would revoke the executive order banning the assassination of
>foreign leaders if the United States had a clear shot at Mr.
>Hussein."
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/26/international/middleeast/26ELIT.html
>
>Feel a little queasy about the idea of our elected officials
>endorsing political assassination?  Here are a couple of phone
>numbers where you can voice your opinion --
>
>Peter Fitzgerald:
>202-224-2854

Just don't try calling today:

"If any chant will be remembered from this march, it may be the one
heard by people who tried calling the Capitol Hill switchboard today.
They got the same message over and over, a series of tones followed
by a woman's voice saying: "We're sorry. All circuits are busy now.
Will you please try your call again later?"" -- NYT

http://www.moveon.org/

>The White House:
>202-456-1111
>

>Robert Porter, as is.