[Newspoetry] CU Cityview

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 3 13:01:10 CST 2003

William,

This is the real deal.  According to a Cityview employee, just yesterday
the Honchos from Saga swooped down, angel-of-death fashion, and told
everyone to hit the road, then immediately changed the locks.

It would seem that even prepackaged hipitude is no defense against the
whims of our local corporate mini-moguls.

What gets me is that I know some of the folks over there were at least
trying to produce something interesting.  Now, in the middle of winter,
with absolutely no warning, they are suddenly jobless.  The loss of the
publication is pretty negligible, really, but you can be sure the
News-Gazette is not going to be snapping these people up.

--Bob