[Newspoetry] WHAT GEORGE BUSH & JOHN KERRY NEGLECTED TO MENTION

William Gillespie william_gillespie at brown.edu
Sun Oct 3 22:12:01 CDT 2004

by Mairead Byrne from maireadbyrne.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 02, 2004
WHAT GEORGE BUSH & JOHN KERRY NEGLECTED TO MENTION IN THE FIRST
PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN DEBATE 9/30/04

12,971-15,028 civilians dead in Iraq since March 2003 as of 9/30/04,
not counting 5 between January & March

And we're now 90 percent of the casualties in Iraq and 90 percent of
the costs , said John Kerry

And so, today, we are 90 percent of the casualties and 90 percent of
the cost: $200 billion , said John Kerry again

And today, we are 90 percent of the casualties and 90 percent of the
costs , said John Kerry once more

Do you think he meant 11,674-13,526 Americans dead in Iraq, not
counting 4.5 between January and March 2003?

Or do you think civilian Iraqi deaths just don’t matter, just don’t
matter

To John Kerry

George Bush

And the American people

Who as a matter of interest are invoked 13 times in the debate, 6 times
by George Bush, 6 times by John Kerry & once by Jim Lehrer

Who by the way is the person who comes closest to mentioning mortality
when he says:
New question, Mr. President. Two minutes. Has the war in Iraq been
worth the cost of American lives, 1,052 as of today?

Because the word dead is not mentioned in this 90-minute debate

Nor the word deaths

Nor the word casualties

And still 1,052 is not 90% of 12,971-15,028 not counting 5 between
January and March, deaths that is, deaths

That George Bush & John Kerry know

The American people

Have no interest in parsing out

Into