[Newspoetry] Dear Editor

DL Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Tue Aug 2 12:20:03 CDT 2005

Strict Constructionism Today

Conservative Jurisprudes everywhere descried President Bush's bringing Bolton on board by a blatant back-door violation of the Constitution.

Juris-consult John Roberts opined, "Bush is wrong.  the Constitution does not say the President may appoint whomever he wants, whenever he wants, to any high office -- just because the legislature is out of town on holiday.  If it were urgent national business, the President could call the Congres back into session.  The fact is, just as with my nomination, the President is flouting the will of the American people, defying international morals and values, and generally proving himself to be a bully-headed lout."

The American Bisontennial(*) Association -- see the ungulate society objections -- rapidly cited the Buffalo herds near Rapid City SD as herd evidence that Bolton was underfoot -- or underhoof -- or just underway to doing business as usual.

White House Press spookey-persons, anonymously, declared the ABA viewpoint irridescent orange -- whole unveiling the latest counter-terrorism fashions on the run(a)ways.  And, of Roberts they said: "His nomination is only nominal, his appointment not a fact, yet.  He'd better understand that the Constitution means exactly what we want it to mean and nothing less and nothing more and nothing else."

ABA thundered back, "You can call me purple if you want, but the Constitution comes first.  Roberts is right, there is no Constitutionality in so-called 'recess' appointments.  If it means just what they want it to mean, then what's the point of calling it a Consitution -- it's just the will of an imperial King made into a President. Impeach the President or get off the Pot-smoking, now!"

(*)  -- It's amazing to neologists like myself that others have already seen the phonetic potentiality of bisontennialism and have already coined this term -- evidence from googlizing the term.  Oh, you didn't major in Neology when in College?  Too bad.  Send your money (I'll tell you when to stop) and you'll receive our fabulous diplomati, fully diplomated Diploma-Meal Ticket -- a credential good wherever credentials are bought and sold, as they ought to be, over the counter, and in Futures Markets, too.  Act now, act today, act at once, but act anyway and you'll receive your degree in a genuine ungulate-licked and stamped first class envelope!  (Slobber not included.)