[Newspoetry] To the GOP, it is not a bribe -- it's just a free market fee for services...

DL Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Thu Jul 14 16:24:27 CDT 2005

NewwsPoetry?

Two days before he took office, Schwartzenegger signs a five year contract to promote the body-building industry's objectives -- and is paid $8,000,000!  Then, later in the same year, the Governor vetoes a bill that is adverse to that industry's interests?  And, this is not bribery, but just "consulting and representation"?  Please wake me up when he's under indictment and on his way to jail.  Else, I'll just go one thinking this is all a bad dream!

Gov. to Be Paid $8 Million by Fitness Magazines
    By Peter Nicholas and Robert Salladay
    The Los Angeles Times

    Thursday 14 July 2005

See TruthOut reprint or LA Times.