[Newspoetry] Most have premarital sex

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Wed Dec 20 16:53:29 CST 2006

AP Story in RC Journal today -

Report: Most have premarital sex

Remarks:

1.    I thought every one had a sex --

      I didn't know any neuters in my home town!

2.   If you ever have sexual activity in your life --
      the chances are 99% that it at least happened before marriage.

      (Would allowing gays to marry reduce this to 98% or less?)

3.   Almost no one asks the more relevant research question -

      Is there sexual activity after marriage?

      The probable answer to this question, based on divorce rates,
      (and not just personal experience and personal opinion!)

      is almost certainly, ta-da!, "Not enough".

4.      Should Congress fund Marital Sexual Activity groups  --

 To further the Family Values Agenda?

5.      My son, when 12 years old remarked:
 I know you and Mom have had sex exactly two times,
 because my sister and I are your only children!
 His estimate was probably a little low:
 but not so low as to have been unreasonable!
 What was unreasonable about his estimate,
 most likely, was the fact that, in substance,
 most of the sexual experiences were the same one,
 repeated like re-runs of boring TV sitcoms,
 never quite fully remembered until you their endings again
 and only half as much fun as they were when first aired.

6.      Another critical research question:
 why do people confuse marriage and sex?
 If you are ever going to have sexual activity in your life,
 you'd better get it in before you get married!

7.      Speculation - sexual conduct has to be an hyped to be sold -
 otherwise, people might go for years without wanting it?