[Newspoetry] Bush Vetoes Stem Cell Bill

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Mon Jul 24 21:14:27 CDT 2006

Bush determined to prove life on other planets,

as alternative source of stem cells.

Dateline: DC, July 21, 2006 - President Bush announced his first veto today of
present stem cell research.  At the same time, he concentrated NASA's mission
statement away from investigating the properties of the Earth, as seen from
space.  President Bush directed NASA to concentrate on finding life elsewhere,
as this place had become a hopeless mess in recent years.  And, the President
added, in a good-natured - some say stupid and vacuous - grin, "They may find
that life, making useless the present lines of stem cell research.  If we can
just get to Mars (and back), all of our questions may be answered."

Con.Dona-Sleaza Rice, an Italian American of African descent, was heard to
opine, off-stage, "And, maybe, we can give Israel her Promised Land, there on
Mars itself, where they can wage war to their hearts content, under the aegis of
the God of War.  It sure would solve a peck of Middle-East problems - get rid of
the mainstays of financial support for the Democratic Party, as well.  Iran
could then be our friend, having no Jews left to hate.  Truly, that would be a
two-fer worth having.")