[Newspoetry] NewsPoetic Offensive Unveiled

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Wed Mar 29 15:01:21 CST 2006

A peace plan for Iraq.

As a candidate for being the next National Security Advisor to the
President, I issue the following strategy for Peace, not only in Iraq, but
everywhere.  Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men and women, and children,
too!

Peace is simple.  Rumsfeld says we are losing the war in Iraq because we are
losing the information war - they are getting out better messages faster
than we are.  To win the war for peace and for democracy, we have to fight
the enemy according to his style of engagement, in the critical trenches of
public opinion.

Accordingly, this day, I announce that the US should draft, or even hire,
every NewsPoet in the nation, in the world, even the NewsPoet-wanna-bes like
myself, if I fail in my highly qualified candidacy for the NSA job.  (I
could only blame my defeat on people who insist upon discriminating against
me because of opinions I hold, whether or not I have expressed them, fully.
(I have, as much as I can, but who knows?  There may be another opinion or
two on which I haven't yet spoken, fully!  (Clearly, is another question,
but that need not detain us here.)))  This will cut down on domestic
dissent, unifying and rallying support at home, for winning this long and
difficult information war.

Secondly, the mass of NewsPoetry thus unleashed will overwhelm all those
violence-inspired and violence-inspiring messages, of the ever hateful
right, abroad as here at home.  NewsPoets can be working 24-7 around the
clock, around the globe, to fill the web with messages promoting peace and
peaceful preoccupations.  Wars of violence will diminish as love becomes
stronger, strengthened by messages reinforcing the common strong interest
all of us have in surviving, to live another day, according to our own
interests.

Thirdly, militant religiosity will decline, as the NewsPoetic offensive
begins to dominate the formal media.  Hateful voices on American public
airwaves - Bilk O'Reilly, Christ Matthews and Lush Limbaugh, for example -
will be forced either to turn over a new leaf, or else leave the airwaves.

Fourthly, we shall realign training at the US military academies and camps -
to teach them non-violent alternatives to shooting people and retaliatory
reaction strikes, bombing buildings and homes.  In the future, a tough US
Marine will be one who can survive the grueling training sessions that
today's NewsPoets have undergone for centuries - living on bread and water
and the power of words.  A tough US Marine will be one who can mimic, adhoc
and at will, any great NewsPoet of the long centuries of civilized history.
A superior tough Marine will even be good at creating novel and entertaining
forms of NewsPoetry.

Fifthly, we shall convert our overly-inflated arsenals of weapons of mass
destruction into book repositories.  A good idea, expressed well in
NewsPoetry, radiates healthier emissions, more effectively destroying the
vestigal sources of violence in people.  Not only will we thus win the War
against Terror, but also the War against War itself, the war of violence
that begets violence, the worm Ourobourus that feeds on the terror of
violence that all souls feel.

Sixthly, my friends, I shall even teach the unteachable, make learned the
unlearned.  George Bush will get the education that he missed!  He will no
longer be a child in hiding, a child left behind.  He may come out of the
closet where he has been cowering, afraid to show his genuine true
compassionate conservativism.  Laura will be pleased, to find him up at
night, writing NewsPoems, instead of sawing logs, while sleeping.  She won't
have to go out at night.  The resulting marital bliss should be good for the
President, and a great blessing to the nation - as George no longer
represses his inner man and no longer vents his sexual frustrations in
outrages of war and violence at others.

That's it, my friends!  A peaceful future!  Victory without this NewsPoetic
Offensive is impossible!  Let us begin!

Thanks, and may god bless us all, newspoetically speaking!