[Newspoetry] let not your hearts sorrow, nor live your lives in fear -- behold the dawn is near, it comes upon the morrow.

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Sat Apr 7 13:40:46 CDT 2007

DL Emerick says:
April 7th, 2007 at 12:58 pm
<http://transylvaniandutch.com/td/archives/1903#comment-10631#comment-10631>

Perhaps newspoetry ultimately fails,

When it substitutes just other hells

For the ones that beset us as tales

Told by liars who lead us to shells

Of lives still athirst for holy grails.

Plain text: To avoid living by desperation, led by desperadoes, something more
universal and good must be seen to be in mind.  It must not be so easily tarred
and tainted, as the patent and transparent lies of Bush.

Perhaps that was what William meant, when he spoke of Obama in Springfield.
http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/archive/newspoetry/2007-February/005121.html

We hunger for news from a leader who would lift us out of our selves, out of
cells, lift us high enough that we can see the good, not just in our own lives,
but in the very ends of life that we all strive after.

Bush ends life.  He ends it, quite literally – and his reign of death and
destruction has been due to his own vision of the place of violence in the world
– as some kind of necessary, if not convenient, way of managing every kind of
problem – the ones that are not neglected, if not denigrated, that is, by him
and his crew.

All that is so well known, it is clichéd, trite and boring, overstated.

It will not be seen by those who follow him, though.

And why is that?

Because they hear a different kind of music of the spheres than we do – and
they, at least, having no better inspiration, think that he leads them towards
the good in life merely by ostensibly claiming to be protecting and promoting
those values that they claim most to love.

Lakoff is right.  A counter message can not always be only a counterfeit of the
message you despise, feting the message you would rather not encounter.

A new frame is needed, that pulls into view virtues missing – of what man and
men truly should be doing, of those ends they should be pursuing.

And, perhaps, then, we might sometimes turn out a less toxic newspoetry,
exhausting our readers.

The anthem, the ode, the merry lay are more of what we need today – to rally
from the trenches and to rise like the dead bones of the skeletons we have
become, eaten away by death, famine, pestilence and war – the steady companions
of compassionate conservative Bush, wherever he goes.

let not your hearts sorrow, nor live your lives in fear –

behold the dawn is near, it comes upon the morrow.

“Rejoice,” I say unto you and again I say, “Rejoice”

And unto the new day, the dawn that is to be, sing.