[Newspoetry] Pin the Tale on the Donkey

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Thu Apr 12 15:29:25 CDT 2007

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/11/AR2007041100203.
html

McCain says disaster will happen, if we leave Iraq.

Disaster is already happening, Dear John, disaster is already happening.

But, McCain says, accepting the fact of failure, as defeat, is unacceptable.

But, who would be defeated, Dear John?

Well, Dear John says, our defeat implies "their" victory ---

a victory that he says would lead to "their" fighting one another -

in a regional conflict with high oil prices and rising terrorism,

instead of fighting with us, as well, as with each other.

In that case, I'd say we'd be better off out of there, Dear John -

There are simply some fights that are not yours to make.

Anyway, the Iraq War has already caused soaring Oil Prices,

And terrorism to rise in new bases and legions in the region -

So, Dear John, your vision of the consequences of "retreat"

Mistakes the present realities, of the "strategic disaster" -

They are already present consequences, not things yet to come!!!

Dear John says the current disaster is a result of a strategic failures -

Yet, he does not advocate any new and different strategy -

Just keep on doing the same old stuff, shooting up the place.

Dear John, you utter your inability to see the truth and to tell it,

So blinded are you by your desire for power,

So warped are you in your values ---

For you think to pin the disaster tale upon the Donkey,

Foisting off the Elephant in the room with you, as not responsible.