[Newspoetry] Financing Elections?

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Wed Apr 25 09:17:18 CDT 2007

Right on.

You sound like a Green ... we're pushing for many of these reforms.
Although we like Instant Runoff Voting and Single Transfer Voting
better than proportional representation. And we're not radical enough
to support assigning reps using an "impartial computer program" ...

We've got dems scrambling to keep up. In our IL Senate district our
recently-elected dem rep is sponsoring an IRV bill, presumably in
part to stem what they see as a loss of "their" votes to Greens.

Person