[Newspoetry] Paleo-Gnomics

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Sat Dec 1 16:32:56 CST 2007

Slicing Pie in Paleo-Gnomics Sky
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/01/technology/01online.html> ?

Tim Harford says "[W]hile modern societies are rich enough to be much more
unequal than their predecessors, they show similar patterns of income
inequality [to those of the past]. Perhaps - I am speculating wildly - human
societies have some hard-wired tolerance for inequality?"

Perhaps a pair of differential equations could illustrate this fact.

The 'perhaps' is an interesting clause for introducing an excuse.

Perhaps, there should be no 'perhaps'.

Perhaps, it's a simple consequence.

Go figure: the rich and the poor compete for income shares.

Wolves feed on mutton while lambs eat grass.

When poor lambs die in mass extinctions, wolf populations decline.

When wolf populations decline, poor lamb populations begin to revive and
even to thrive.

When poor lambs begin to thrive in mass poverty, wolf populations expand,
again.

So, income equality is not a state of nature.

Supplemental thesis: no species mutations nor other morphing between states
-
Wolves are born wolf-like and most lambs never escape their lambda quality -
Though we often find a few lambs decked out in wolf -clothing (infra on
misfits).

Schumpeter's thesis only supports a trickle of upward mobility -
Enough to guarantee diversity in the gene pool of the wolves,
Enough to deplete the current population of poor lambs of competent leaders
-
Uncle Toms are counter-productive of (or anesthetics to) social revolutions
-
Drawing cream off the top of an underclass is social euthanasia for
revolutions.

Hence, we might find "misfits" in every generation:
People like Condoleezza Rice and Alberto Gonzales,
Roderick Paige or Elaine Chao,
Colin Powell, Clarence Thomas or even William T Coleman, Jr.
(Nor are the Democrats less "inclusive" - though explanation of them is
simple:
Democrats are like canaries-in-the-cage to undermining any elite -
Hence, the elite requires it early-warning-system, Democrats -
Some party that is always a harbinger of radical revisions of an extant
elite -
Such a party gets its fees by exhortative extortions - threatening dire
changes -
But almost never ever implementing such things,
Because, when dead, geese that lay golden eggs are only worth a goose.)

NB: Schumpeter gives us a competition of elites and masses:
Read, for example,
http://www.business.aau.dk/evolution/esapapers/esa90-93/WP70.pdf.
Per the elite view of things:
Society has elites and masses -
Masses live-off accumulations of cultural progress,
such as "art" or "wealth" or "capital",
But they despise those who create -
Or those who innovate accumulative production processes,
As such changes disrupt community peace and calm.
Hence, per elite theory,
when masses rise, elites stagnate and decline.
When elites fall, production stagnates and declines.
When production drops, masses fall.
When masses fall, elites begin to rise again.

A pair of differential equations is all that you need.

Now, why are allegedly disparate theories the same, in formulation?

As soon as you introduce competition as a theme, the rest follows.

The much-sanctioned and overly-sanctimonious validity
of all Hegelian analytic processes depend on such acts of differentiation.

Hence, synthesizers, harmonizers, unifiers
smooth out wrinkles and other catastrophes -
but such flatlands do not last long, perhaps -
Golden Ages last only as long as general balance (stability) endures.

A fine revolutionary slogan, that:
Long Live the Dynamic Equilibrium!!!

Can it be achieved and can it last?

Income inequality will last forever,
as long as man lives, otherwise.
So will all other inequalities,
the ones not due to Nature, nor to God,
but the simplifying of Man's indifferent will
to accept injustice towards his fellow Man.

LONG LIVE THE DYNAMIC EQUILIBRIUM
if we can make it, oh my, my anti-Frankenstein-ally.