[Newspoetry] Sing, you fools, sing.

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Tue Dec 4 15:06:23 CST 2007

Sing, you Fools, Sing <http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/120407A.shtml> !
TO News Event

"But the star has gone, the glamour's worn thin
That's a pretty bad state for a state to be in
Instead of government we had a stage
Instead of ideas, a prima donna's rage
Instead of help we were given a crowd
She didn't say much, but she said it loud
Sing you fools, but you got it wrong"
>From Evita: Oh What a Circus/Sing You Fools
<http://www.ypsnet.de/madonna/evita.htm>

What would protest songs for our times say?
And how would they say it, atonally, atoning?

There's a sound problem in musical evolution,
The Ear of the Other
<http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Other-Otobiography-Transference-Translation/dp/08
03265751>  has morphed
<http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?deity=MORPHEUS>  I
for an Eye.
We see, and do not hear.  Aye yi yi
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNawb4BuebA> , Pretty Sky,
We only remember the good times long ago
<http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/y/youmeandus.shtml> ,
While they execute us for reasonable crimes,
Crimes of the heart against the heartless,
Semantic crimes of the signs of the times,
Crimes against the crimes against humanity.

I can't carry a tune, by myself, nor with you.
I sing a song of myself <http://www.daypoems.net/poems/1900.html> , not to
sleep, and go:
"Stop this day and night with me
and you shall possess the origin of all poems,
You shall possess the good of the earth and sun,
(there are millions of suns left,)
You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
nor look through the eyes of the dead,
nor feed on the spectres in books,
You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,
You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self."

Maybe, "the world is too much with us, late and soon
<http://www.bartleby.com/145/ww317.html> ."
It is not the Morpheus<=>Sandman Dream, My Lord,
The Visual Matrix of an Evil but Ever Virtuous Virtuality -
It is loss of our consciousness to dream in conceptions -
To visualize requires an empty space and imagination.

Protest is born when the world is unfit for our dreams,
Our words voice our aspirations, our songs carry on.