[Newspoetry] Strategic Dangers to My America

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Thu Dec 6 14:36:49 CST 2007

Knowledge is dangerous <http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/120607N.shtml> .

A standard is dangerous when it has no measure.

Iran, says the W, will be dangerous
when she has the knowledge to make a nuclear weapon.

Heck, I have that knowledge already.
Well, in theory, anyway - but that is what knowledge is -
A working theory of how to do something.

In fact, of course, I am not dangerous -
I don't happen to have materials A-Bomb recipes require,
I don't happen to have plants to make such ingredients,
I don't happen to have skills to do it, either.
Most importantly, I don't have an inclination.

But, no light of reason ever penetrates the W's thinking.

Knowledge is dangerous, he says.

He should know.

He should know that he is an idiot.

But, there's the problem, precisely.

He doesn't know that he doesn't know.

So, again, Bush has confused matters.

Stupidity is dangerous.

Bush is stupid.

Therefore, Bush is dangerous.

And, sadly, he has nukes, lots of them,
enough to destroy the whole frigging world, many times over.

The CIA needs to consider removing this threat to world peace.

But, in a democracy, removal of the President is simplified:
We don't need covert assassinations, state-decapitations,
even when the facts would warrant the act against tyranny.

We have a Congress with power to impeach a President,
When he has committed crimes against the State -
And conspiracy to commit such crimes is also a crime,
Even though we don't need such a criminal charge:
the Bush gang of war criminals have committed other patent offenses.

Why hasn't Congress impeached Bush and the rest of his gang?

Why is Pelosi, mostly, an idiot?

Ah, she may be no idiot, she may be afraid to take on a Presidency -
afraid to make a mistake, in defense of democracy, perhaps -
she might rather play it safe
and avoid the hard choices of true moral responsibility,
of true political responsibility.

You see, she has knowledge of the crimes and their perpetrators
- and of her constitutional duties, too --
Even the idiot Bush knows that Pelosi and her Democrats are no danger -
Because she is afraid to act, and they cower and quiver together.

And, this is what the state of Iran's so-called nuclear program is, as well
-
It is checked by fear to act when an enemy looks for the least provocation,
Even one that he might cause, causa_belli.

Why haven't the Media picked on my theme:
Only stupidity is always and ever dangerous -
but most dangerous when people lack courage to oppose it,
even when it is most plainly and patently stupid.