[Newspoetry] report on Obama in Springfield

William at Spineless Books william at spinelessbooks.com
Mon Feb 12 11:26:26 CST 2007

[This newspoet got up at six to shiver in seven degree weather on the lawn
of the old state capitol building in Springfield to hear Barak Obama
announce his candidacy. Here is my report, transcribed from very shaky
handwriting in my notebook.]

Moving on frozen feet back into the sunlight, the only warmth on me is my
tears, released by Obama's beautiful language. Of all the crimes
perpetrated by Bush, his cronies, his puppeteers--war crimes,
international crimes, constitutional crimes, crimes against human rights,
the environment, language, dignity--Barak reminds me that our president
has committed a crime against my heart. Underneath a glacier of distrust
there is an ember. I still believe in the goodness of the American people.

William

Spineless Books, Box 17191, Urbana, IL, 61803
(217) 722-1033

http://spinelessbooks.com

While reading email listen to Eclectic Seizure:
http://spinelessbooks.com/eclecticseizure/2004
http://spinelessbooks.com/eclecticseizure/2005