[Newspoetry] primary reason

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Mon Mar 19 16:20:56 CDT 2007

Primary Reason

In <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/19/us/19climate.html?th&emc=th>  New
Hampshire, Towns Put Climate on the Agenda

The free-for-all primary that requires so much cash,

the mind boggles, spelling out things sensibly.

Of, course, some shrug, due to KJ Arrow's proof

that stability exists only in a dictatorship,

And that democracy is otherwise as chaotic as the universe.

Which fact man might someday learn to love

more than the titivating practices of rigid idolatry today

And, against the free-for-all which leads to none being free,

I thus propose we to turn to the wise Ways of the NCAAs (and the NCAAPs),

To shape something super, like a supermarket, a superstore, an NCA&P.

And turn our primary system into  <http://bracket.blogs.nytimes.com/?th&emc=th>
The Bracket Blog,

Wherein the candidates pair off, primary by primary,

Until the final two are left. and one of them must be right,

As National Champion on trails of tears where all but one lose?

Primary reason: it's so simple a child knows it,

And every adult elaborately forgets it?