[Newspoetry] Poets of the World Unite....

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Tue May 1 23:07:45 CDT 2007

Discard previous transmission; substitute this engine instead.

Well, here is found a searched page of syllable data, perhaps handy for your
hearty Endeavour.   <http://rec-puzzles.org/index.php/Syllable>
http://rec-puzzles.org/index.php/Syllable.

Try using the shortest syllables in 5 lines of 8 syllables each.

ARCHED, BROUGHAMS, CRAUNCHED, DRAUGHTS, EARTHED, FLINCHED, GROUCHED, HAUNCHED,

ITCHED, JOUNCED, KNIGHTS, LAUNCHED, MOOCHED, NAUGHTS, OINKED, PREACHED,

QUETCHED, REACHED, SCRAUNCHED, THOUGHTS, UMPHS, VOUCHED, WREATHED, XYSTS,

YEARNED, ZOUAVES

Eight Nouns: broughams, draughts, knights, naughts, thoughts, umphs, xysts, and
zouaves.

The 18 other are Verbal Essences (no T), for things, like shampoo, exampled:
"I was shampooed and came unglued when you were rude,
parting my hair, as if to bare, a scalp to wear."

(Here, the so-called "poem form" is four syllables, in two lines: "aaa, bbb".
What I call "a slip-slide Seussian sing-along" (acronymic: ASSSSA) - where Seuss
is to Freud as Seussian is to Freudian.)

(But, the point of the "exampled" is the verbifurcation of words, and "No, I
will not tell you what a "verbifurcation" is"  I wish to force you back to the
days when you were a child, unpacified, uncivilized and free to supply your own
meanings to strings of letters, including those used by others.)

One could also create new poetic (or writing) game forms, from:

http://wordnavigator.com/word/word/

where the second "word" is a variable for your search term - by forming a poem
using all of the words formed from your "word" by changing one letter of it, for
instance - or by using all the words contained in your "word" - or using only
such words as have at least one anagram or using the words within your word, by
length (with possible insertions of other auxiliary words).

Another possible poetic form for play:

Use all and only the words found in some other poem, but "re-organized" to the
formations of your own expressions, while yet following the same form as the
original.

Taking up the challenge, first stated, I offer this ad hack:

QUETCHED THOUGHTS REACHED past EARTHED animals HAUNCHED.

KNIGHTS OINKED, played DRAUGHTS, under ARCHED XYSTS,

While WREATHED ZOUAVES, JOUNCED in WREATHED BROUGHAMS, PREACHED

Of war's NAUGHTS: we FLINCHED nor GROUCHED, LAUNCHED.

MOOCHED UMPHS ITCHED and YEARNED, CRAUNCHED and SCRAUNCHED.

(It will have observed, as you will have seen,
the rule "5 lines formed by syllables 8", as well -

To borrow a line from the (previously) unpublished poem:

"Five lines formed by syllables eight,

Ate their fill of words small and great,

For forty days or a fortnight,

As come home late, too dark, too bright,

In errant thoughts lost to solemn prate.")