[Newspoetry] Is there a Savior in the House? ---- or anywhere else?

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Fri Feb 15 13:20:23 CST 2008

US Government has well prepared to practice tyranny.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/021508O.shtml

How can I speak out against such unspeakable evil?

Our government is prepared, as this story reminds us,
for we have long known of what has been going on,
to operate the concentration camps it has already built,
to arrest all enemies of the regime it has already identified,
to transport them to those camps, en mass, in chains,
to torture them secreted there into false confessions,
to try them then secretly for their alleged crimes,
and to execute them accordingly, without mercy.

How can I speak out against such unspeakable evil?

Because I imagine my fate is already sealed,
if such comes to pass.

I speak out, without hope of succor or success.

I feel like of the Jews Haman was hunting down.

Where is my Queen Esther or Uncle Mordecai?

Who will save my people?  Who will save me?