[Newspoetry] McCain says modern Iran bigger threat to US than USSR and the entire Communist world ever was...

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Thu May 22 00:44:07 CDT 2008

The simplest facts.

The Obama Doctrine: Talking Never Hurt Anyone.

George Bush, John Bolton, and John McCain go nuts.

Bush gets up before the Israeli Parliament, of all places,
quotes an isolationist GoP Senator of the 1930s,
who said he'd at least talk to the Nazis, to avert war.

Suddenly, the fact that this was a GoP Senator who opposed
the stout wisdom of FDR, the great Democratic president, is wiped away.

Suddenly, the bitter irony that this was Bush speaking is lost,
for the Bush family wealth long partnered with Nazi business interests.

You'd have thought the Knesset would at least have demanded an apology from
Bush, first.

Suddenly, the fact that the present Bush patron was intimately tied to
Saddam Hussein is dismissed.

Yes, it's the GoP war game - label and lie - repeat it often and loudly.

McCain can't abide the truth.  Obama says the Soviet Union was a vastly
bigger existential threat to the United States.
McCain says it wasn't so.
McCain says Obama's remarks reflect his inexperience and recklessness in
saying the Soviet Union was a bigger threat.
Where was John McCain during the Cold War?
Ah, was John McCain smoking dope, tripping on LSD, drinking the Electric
Kool-Aid even back then?

Bolton steps up the game, denying the contradictions - just call it
"APPEASEMENT", he says.
Now, this is why Bolton was unfit to be in office, in the UN - you can't
call talk "appeasement" unless there is a concession -
But the wordsmiths of the lying GoP don't care about truth, about history,
or accuracy -
Or, if they had, we would never have invaded Iraq on the flimsy pretexts -
The most flimsy of which has not yet been exposed by the media, or even
serious scholars -
But, this is a NEWSPOETRY EXCLUSIVE --- SPECIAL BULLETIN:
When pressed on WMD, Bush gang lamely point to the so-called and alleged
consensus among spies of the world ---
But this lame blame-shifting is most suspicious and most likely false
because
(1)     How do we know what the spy agencies of other nations know?  And, if
they all got this wrong, then that is the best reason in the world to close
down all the spy agencies in the world - because they couldn't even get the
facts on Iraq correct, all of them put together.
(2)     In fact, though, we do not know what the spy agencies of other
nations know - except for one or two "cooperating countries" like Great
Britain, perhaps, tells us (as possible disinformation, anyway, even from
allies), and even there we see all sorts of stories, all of the time, where
the British spy agencies are leaking the truth, that in fact there was no
such support, even in the British spy agencies, for the proposition that
Iraq had WMD.
(3)     Now, it follows that whatever alleged consensus view exists or
existed among spy agencies, it was unknown.  But, never once has the
American media called the Bush administration for telling, repeatedly again
and again, even right up to this very day, that "Well, at least we all
thought Iraq had the WMD., so we were justified, even if we were mistaken,
in invading Iraq."  (A lawyer for injured people in Iraq should argue that
war results in liability on a per se basis. -- if you wage a war, you have
to pay for all the injuries and damages if you "win" the war - call this the
WINNER_PAYS_THE_BILL Doctrine.)
(4)     The fact is, claiming the other spy agencies know anything is merely
a smoke screen - a devise to point the finger at the man hiding in the fogs
of war: Cheney.

APPEASEMENT?  Oh, please - this is a word designed to scare old people into
to voting for McCain.  They remember a bit of history - they recall that
appeasement minded Chamberlain appeased Hitler.  So, now, if McCain could
just successfully paint this label, without fact or foundation, and
unfairly, upon Obama, then McCain will garner the votes of people he has
fooled into voting for him.  There are worse things than talking to your
enemies, Mr. McCain - the worst of which is lying to the American people,
deceiving them about the facts, misleading them in their reasoning.

But, such is the way of GoP politics - they have lied their way to success
under Bush and they don't intend to surrender power to any Democrat tomorrow
- not in any sense of fair elections, of responsible speech - of any honor
or credit to Democracy.

McCain will soon be claiming that Iran is a bigger threat to the history of
the world than any menace the world has ever faced - that Iran is the Great
Beast of Revelations.  (Isn't that what Bush gang said about Hussein?
(Well, if the attention span of the public is as short as all that, then
lies can be recycled much sooner, I guess.))