[Newspoetry] Question for Leo Concerning Bar Refaeli

John gavroche at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:02:01 CST 2009

TabloidNewsPoetry

Question for Leo concerning Bar Refaeli
(With apologies to Elizabeth Bar. Browning)

Her father's demanded a dowry
equivalent to Saul's.
Your desired wedding video
will require a director's cut.

You may love her to the depth
and breadth
and height your soul can reach,
but do you
love her to the level
of ritual's most painful need,
by G-d and mohel-knife?

How attached are you
to being cast in this role?
Are you willing to give up
the part of your lifetime?

If so,
some could consider
your sacrifice for Bar
on par with the life
Jack Dawson gave
for his titanic love
or that of Romeo
for his Capulet.

Here's Browning's poem - so you can see what's mine and what's hers:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

News story (which doesn't really give any more info than the title and
my poem): http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a146896/dicaprio-must-convert-to-wed-rafaeli.html

If you've never seen pictures of Bar Refaeli, and you like looking at
pictures of models in bikinis, the Daily Star has some nice ones.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/69731/LEO-S-GIRL-BEST-BAR-NONE

Now you can hold your own at the water cooler.

John