[Newspoetry] Axis of Idiots -- a rebuttal

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Wed Jun 17 21:13:31 CDT 2009

>>Right Wing Crap Rebuttal  Quoted sections are the crap.  Unquoted sections
are my rebuttals.

"God bless the Sergeant Major for telling it like it is.  One helluva
Marine.  He is definitely OUTSTANDING!!!! GBA USMCPhil  Too bad we don't
have folks on Capitol Hill willing to speak out like this.  j.D. Pendry is a
retired Marine Sargeant Major who writes for Random House.  He is eloquent,
and as taught by the Marines, seldom beats around the bush."

"Jimmy Carter, you are the father of the Islamic Nazi movement.  You threw
the Shah under the bus, welcomed the Ayatollah home, and then lacked the
spine to confront the terrorists when they took our embassy and our people
hostage. You're the runner-in-chief."

>>The Shah of Iran was a despot.  He was no friend of democracy.  The plain
fact of the matter is that Iranian democracy has thrived since the Shah was
deposed.  As to Jimmy Carter, why should he have suggested to America that
we support any anti-democratic dictator?  Why would any American have
desired that?  Oh, yes, the Iranian people, in reaction to America's
complicity in supporting the murderous tyranny of the Shah, seized our
embassy and held 50 Americans hostage, in reprisal.  And, Carter commanded
that the US military devise a plan to free the hostages.  However, the US
military was never successful in this respect.  What a tragedy!  Yet, Carter
successfully, finally, belatedly, brokered the release of the hostages,
peacefully - despite enormous illegal and treasonous Republican interference
in American diplomacy.

"Bill Clinton, you played ring around the Lewinsky while the terrorists were
at war with us. You got us into a fight with them in Somalia and then you
ran from it. Your weak-willed responses to the USS Cole and the First Trade
Center Bombing and Our Embassy Bombings emboldened the killers. Each time
you failed to respond adequately, they grew bolder, until 9/11/2001."

>>Lewinsky doesn't matter.  What Presidents fuck privately is no concern of
the American people.  Terrorists were at war with America.  That is true.
But, Bill Clinton is no more to blame for their actions than GW Bush is for
the World Trade Center bombings.  There was no win in Somalia, no matter
what we did.  Clinton wisely chose to get out of this mess.  Nothing Clinton
could have done would have stopped the Terrorists.  That should be obvious -
they were bent on carnage.  The grew bolder, not because they were
unopposed, but because they were madmen in a region righteously enraged by
decades of American CIA (and British) interventions  We supported, wrongly,
Hussein and the Shah, among other murderous dictators, for reasons of grand
diplomacy - pretending that statecraft did not have to involve humanity.
Nixon and Reagan, among, others, pretended to this illusion - that the
murderous means justify the alleged ends.  It was wrong and dishonorable,
too.

"John Kerry, dishonesty is your most prominent at tribute. You lied about
American Soldiers in Vietnam . Your military service, like your life, is
more fiction than fact. You've accused our military of terrorizing women and
children in Iraq . You called Iraq the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time,
the same words you used to describe Vietnam . You're a fake.  You want to
run from Iraq and abandon the Iraqis to murderers just as you did to the
Vietnamese.  Iraq , like Vietnam , is another war that you were for, before
you were against it."

>>Kerry was and is a most honorable veteran, besmirched by lies Republicans
willing loosed on the nation.  He should have been our president.  He told
the truth about accidents of the war in South Vietnam - of how there was no
vital American purpose served there.  And, yet, 55,000 soldiers died for no
reason except the "strategic" miscalculation of fools in the Johnson and
Nixon administrations - which refused, insanely, to acknowledge there was no
"victory" to win in Vietnam == in a war which we should never have entered.
We supported dictators in South Vietnam who refused to let free elections
happen.  And, as ought to be obvious to anyone but a moron, the facts of a
dictatorship in Iraq had nothing to do with Bush's decision to invade Iraq -
especially in light of the international laws of war.  According to those
laws, faithfully subscribed to by America before Bush, an invasion of Iraq
would only have been warranted if it had posed a dire immediate threat to
the peace of the US.  But, in fact, no such threat existed.  Bush and
Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld simply lied about WMD.  There was no dire threat
to the US; nor was there any immanence.  Now, Mr. Marine, when your
President and his administration lie to you, as earlier Johnson and Nixon
had, what is the honorable and responsible thing to do?  You should have
said, as Kerry did, this war is wrong, just like that one was.  But, you
disserved America - and continue to disserve America, when you pretend that
the wars in Iraq or Vietnam had any justification, at all, in law or in
fact.  You, sir, are in most egregious error, not Senator Kerry.

"John Murtha, you said our military was broken.  You said we can't win
militarily in Iraq.  You accused United States Marines of cold-blooded
murder without proof and said we should redeploy to Okinawa.  Okinawa ,
John?  And the Democrats call you their military expert!  Are you sure you
didn't suffer a traumatic brain injury while you were off building your war
hero resume?  You're a sad, pitiable, corrupt and washed up politician.
You're not a Marine, sir.  You wouldn't amount to a good pimple on a real
Marine's butt.  You're a phony and a disgrace.  Run away, John."

>>Sadly, the US military was broken, by their over-commitment in Iraq.  It
wasn't just John Murtha who had the courage to announce that the King had no
clothes.  The Joint Chiefs of the US military said the same thing.  The
chief of British military forces said the same thing, regarding the British
forces.  The truth is, sir, at the time that Murtha made his statements, the
US had suffered several years of total Bush-Cheney-Rice-Rumsfeld
mismanagement of the war effort - and we were failing, miserably, in the
conduct of the war.  Murtha would have been an idiot not to have mentioned
this blatantly obvious fact.  In fact, sir, you would have been an idiot for
supporting the disastrous Bush-Cheney-Rice-Rumsfeld policies - so harmful to
the American military and its personnel - so wasteful of American lives and
treasure.  Moreover, as the Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq said last night,
"The war in Iraq can't be won militarily."  General Odierno says much the
same thing.  No war is never waged on the grounds that it could be "won"
militarily.  At best, as even Bush policy tried to emphasize, the war was
only intended to create a political opening, a space in which an Iraqi
democracy might be formed -- if only the factions and tribes of Iraq would
agree to work together.  Despite having had 6+ years, though, Iraq has only
a shaky coalition government -- and whether or not Iraq will fall back into
general civil war remains to be seen -- after the vast sums of American
money are no longer available for bribing the tribal and factional leaders
into truces.  But, obviously, you failed to read the news, to learn the
facts, and to form a responsible opinion.  I pity you - you are DEAD wrong,
then and now.

>>War, sir, is simply an extension of political conflict into deadly means
-- a sign that reason has failed, that man has become a brute.  Except, in
justifable self-defensive, no nation may lawfully initiate open warfare.
Such self-defense itself is conditioned on an exteme necessity -- of an
immediate, dire threat to national peace.  Perhaps, they didn't teach you
this at Marine Corps school, sir.  Indeed, soldiers don't make such
decisions -- but citizens and their leaders do -- and they need to make them
rightly, never rashly, never wrongly.  Bush-Cheney-Rice-Rumsfeld proved
themselves to be exceptionally rash, exceptionally wrong-headed, and
exceptionally wrong, factually, legally and morally.

>>As for Murtha, you need to check your facts, sir, as to his military
service.  Wikipedia says this: "Murtha left Washington and Jefferson College
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_and_Jefferson_College>  in 1952 to
join the Marine Corps
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps>  and was awarded
the American Spirit Honor Medal
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Spirit_Honor_Medal>  for displaying
outstanding leadership qualities during training. Murtha became a drill
instructor <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_instructor>  at Parris Island
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Recruit_Depot_Parris_Island>  and
was selected for Officer Candidate School
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officer_Candidate_School_%28U.S._Marine_Corps%
29>  at Quantico, Virginia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantico,_Virginia>
.  Murtha was then assigned to the Second Marine Division, Camp Lejeune
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Base_Camp_Lejeune> , North
Carolina <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina> .  Murtha joined the
Marine Corps Reserves <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Forces_Reserve>
after being discharged from active duty in 1955.  Later, he resumed active
duty by volunteering for service in the Vietnam War
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War> , serving from 1966 to 1967,
serving as a battalion <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battalion>  staff
officer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_officer>  (S-2 Intelligence
Section), receiving the Bronze Star
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Star_Medal>  with Valor device
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valor_device> , two Purple Hearts
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Heart>  and the Vietnamese Cross of
Gallantry <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_Cross_of_Gallantry> .
He retired from the Reserves as a Colonel
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_%28United_States%29>  in 1990,
receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Distinguished_Service_Medal> ."  [I have
slightly adjusted the Wiki text, for grammatical reasons.]

"Dick Durbin, you accused our Soldiers at Guantanamo of being Nazis, tenders
of Soviet style gulags and as bad as the regime of Pol Pot , who murdered
two million of his own people after your party abandoned Southeast Asia to
the Communists.  Now you want to abandon the Iraqis to the same fate.
History was not a good teacher for you, was it?  Lord help us!  See Dick
run."

>>What happened at Guantanamo is a travesty of basic human rights - all of
which the US was once, rightly, the most earnest and noble sponsor.  Now
Cheney and Bush and their dire crew of war criminals have turned the US,
itself, into a nation supporting, nominally maybe, war criminals.  Durbin
was right, sir, and you are wrong, to support war criminals.  Where is your
humanity?  Where is your decency, sir?  Rather than criticize Durbin, you
should join him, in his outrage!!!

>>As for "abandoning" Southeast Asia, the Democrats were not in office --
nor had they been in office since January of 1969. The final date of
American withdrawal from Vietnam was in March 1973, more than four years
after the Democrats were out of office, and only after the US had negotiated
and signed the Paris Peace Accord in January 1973.  Two years after that,
the South Vietnamese, after heavy American military support for over a
decade, and despite an overwhelming advantage in arms and military forces,
horribly mismanged its own national defenses -- and went down in total
defeat.

>>Still, the most important political fact is that we should never have
intervened in Vietnam. Only the Democrats have ever fully recognized and
appreciated the foolishness and the folly of that forlorn war in the jungles
of Vietnam, a vast overcommitment of American wealth and lives, a
squandering of a generation.  There was nothing there to abandon that we
ever "owned" or had any right to have or had any need for, at all.

>>As for Pol Pot's rise to power, and his later massacre of as much as 25%
of his own Cambodian people, these deaths did not occur until a couple of
years later, when the Khmer Rouge finally gained power in Cambodia.
Historians generally say that it was the US military incursions into
Cambodia -- and also our massive bombings of Cambodia -- that alienated and
embittered the Cambodians, so that they became dupes and victims of the
Khmer Rouge.  In short, blame Nixon, if blame you must.

>>So, Mr. Marine, if you want to talk history, you had better pay attention
in class and learn some before you speak again, so foolishly and so
errantly.

"Ted Kennedy, for days on end you held poster-sized pictures from Abu Ghraib
in front of any available television camera. Al Jazeera quoted you saying
that Iraqi's torture chambers were open under new management.  Did you see
the news, Teddy?  The Islamic Nazis demonstrated another beheading for you.
If you truly supported our troops, you'd show the world poster-sized
pictures of that atrocity and demand the annihilation of it.  Your
legislation stripping support from the South Vietnamese led to a communist
victory there.  You're a bloated, drunken fool bent on repeating the same
historical blunder that turned freedom-seeking people over to homicidal,
genocidal maniacs. To paraphrase John Murtha, while sitting on your wide,
gin-soaked rear-end in Washington."

>>Ted Kennedy?  What a sad day it is when you accuse him of promoting the
very evils that he most strenuously and vociferously opposes.  It was not
Ted Kennedy who sponsored Abu Ghraib.  It was Bush and Cheney and his war
criminal gang.  That is fact, sir, that you seem to neglect.  Now, it was
Kennedy - among others - who calls out this criminality among the Bush gang
-- does that make him the cause of the criminality that he excoriates?  Only
an idiot, such as, perhaps, you are, sir, could be so mistaken.

>>As to what ever the "causes" of "loss" in South Vietnam, see the above
text.  Surely the most blatant cause is the fact that America was fighting
on a wrong side in a civil war that had no right side to it.  Perhaps, after
the fact, this is most evident from the present fact that Vietnam is a
welcome trade partner of America today.  We fought in Vietnam for no good
reason except the foolishness of  the Johnson administration, aggravated and
perpetuated under the Nixon administration.  Yes, American Presidents are
often fools - when it comes to wars that we should not have fought.  GW Bush
is the Poster Child of Bad Wars.

"Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Carl Levine, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Russ
Feingold, Hillary Clinton, Pat Leahy, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, the
Hollywood Leftist morons, et al, ad nauseam: Every time you stand in front
of television cameras and broadcast to the Islamic Nazis that we went to war
because our President lied, that the war is wrong and our Soldiers are
torturers, that we should leave Iraq, you give the Islamic butchers - the
same ones that tortured and mutilated American Soldiers - cause to think
that we'll run away again, and all they have to do is hang on a little
longer.  It is inevitable that we, the infidels, will have to defeat the
Islamic jihadists.  Better to do it now on their turf, than later on ours
after they have gained both strength and momentum."

>>Our war in Iraq was totally illegal - and worse, it was wholly without any
credible relationship to American national security interests.  Rather than
indicting Pelosi, et al, for saying the TRUTH, you ought to indict Bush,
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Gondalez for the waste of trillions of dollars in a
pointless expenditure of the lives and well-being of American soldiers.
Islamic "Nazis" did not exist in Iraq before we invaded it, because the
dictator Hussein tolerated no popular movements.  And, Hussein himself posed
no strategic threat to the US - as UN weapon inspectors were revealing,
steadily, before Bush-Cheney precipitously launched their illegal war.

>>Moreover, as Obama diplomacy easily discloses, there is no sentiment among
Islamic people for terrorism.  Only an idiot, sir, would claim otherwise.
Yes, people can be enraged, by unjust treatment.  That is what caused
America problems, in Iraq, for instance - for so long under Bush - that he
was sponsoring, for so long, replacement regimes for Hussein that were, in
principle, no different from Hussein.  By their misconduct of Iraq's
administration, Bush and Cheney allowed Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia a foothold,
which they seized upon.  Many American soldiers died as a consequence of
such Bush-Cheney idiocies.  And, sir, you are a fool for calling Pelosi, et
al, wrong, when they were only acting as responsible leaders ought to act -
to call such vast mistakes disasters - which they were.  Bush-Cheney were
completely wrong to invade Iraq, leaving Bin Laden free to roam in the
Afghanistan-Pakistan region.  Before we invaded Iraq, there was no al Qaeda
there.  But, after a couple of years of total mismanagement of occupied Iraq
by the Bush team, even al Qaeda could see an opportunity to attack American
forces -- which they ruthlessly exploited.  So, in a wrongful, needless
invasion of Iraq -- one that actually harmed and lessened Americaqn national
security -- thousands of soldiers have died, tens of thousands more have
been maimed and crippled, and trillions of tax-payer dollars have been
spent, to accomplish nothing at all good for America.

>>Finally, there is absolutely no risk of an Islamic invasion ofthe American
homeland -- and only a fool would think otherwise.  As for Islamic
terrorism, it did grow and thrive greatly, feeding on the bitter facts of
our unjust and wholly mismanaged war in and on Iraq.  The more we waged war
in Iraq, the faster terrorism grew.

"American news media, the New York Times particularly.  Each time you
publish stories about national defense secrets and our intelligence
gathering methods, you become one united with the sub-human pieces of camel
dung that torture and mutilate the bodies of American Soldiers.  You can't
strike up the courage to publish cartoons, but you can help Al Qaeda destroy
my country.  Actually, you are more dangerous to us than Al Qaeda is.  Think
about that each time you face Mecca to admire your Pulitzer."

>>This is curious.  A supposed Marine says the truth is dangerous to
America.  The truth is that American intelligence operations seem to have
nothing to do with American security.  For example, did it prevent the
unnecessary invasion of Iraq - where there were no WMD at all???  Did
American intelligence prevent 9/11?  Ion fact, can you think of anything, in
the news, other than story after story where so-called national intelligence
was not the "cause" of a disaster for America?  And, if not, doesn't that
suggest to you that the problem is that basically we have no reason for
supporting the idea that "intelligence" - at least of the national security
kind - contributes anything at all of value to the defense of the United
States of America?

"You are America's 'AXIS OF IDIOTS.' Your Collective Stupidity will destroy
us. Self-serving politics and terrorist-abetting news scoops are more
important to you than our national security or the lives of innocent
civilians and Soldiers.  It bothers you that defending ourselves gets in the
way of your elitist sport of politics and your ignorant editorializing.
There is as much blood on your hands as is on the hands of murdering
terrorists.  Don't ever doubt that.  Your frolics will only serve to extend
this war as they extended Vietnam.  If you want our Soldiers home as you
claim, knock off the crap and try supporting your country ahead of
supporting your silly political aims and aiding our enemies."

>>Yes, there is this question - of responsibility.  Who is responsible - the
fools who lead us into foolish wars - like Bush and Cheney - or those who
call a fool out, who name his follies, one by one, ad nauseam?  Apparently,
this Marine would rather be led by fools, than admit that he had been
fooled.

"Yes, I'm questioning your patriotism. Your loyalty ends with self. I'm also
questioning why you're stealing air that decent Americans could be
breathing. You don't deserve the protection of our men and women in uniform.
You need to run away from this war, this country. Leave the war to the
people who have the will to see it through and the country to people who are
willing to defend it."

>>I question the value of a patriotism that refuses to examine the facts.  A
true patriotism never fears truth, never fears inquiry.  All these virtues,
of a democratic republic the Marine disparages, when such virtues are
zealously exhibited by our chosen legislators.  The Marine confuses his
responsibility, as a soldier, with his duties as a citizen.  Every citizen
should always be skeptical of the claims of his highest Governors -
especially of Presidents, when they lead us into war.  But, Americans can be
fooled - as they were by George Bush - about the need for war in Iraq.
There was none and we were fooled.

"Our country has two enemies:  Those who want to destroy us from the outside
and those who attempt it from within."

>>Surely, indeed, we will be destroyed from within when truth is buried,
when those who voice it are irresponsibly, demagogically attacked, as by
this Marine.

"Semper Fi, D. Pendry - Sergeant Major, USMC, Retired"

"This is a savvy man. He has nailed it down pretty good. Too bad it won't do
any good. There won't be 1 in 10 that receive this, that will forward it."

>>It's too bad that this soldier has no special excellence at understanding
truth or tactful diplomacy - demonstrates little awareness of the facts of
history -- and may have an overwhelming bias toward hostilities and prefers
his own nonsensical, illogical and unreasonable opinions.