[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Sept 15 AWARE Teach-In

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Tue Dec 11 15:58:53 CST 2001

At 01:20 PM 12/11/2001 -0600, Al Kagan wrote:

>>PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY
>>The Urbana-Champaign Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort invites you to
>>Expanding our Perspectives
>>-----------------------------------------------------
>>A Teach-in About the US War on Afghanistan and Beyond
>>Saturday, December 15, 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
>>McKinley Foundation, 5th and Daniel, Champaign
>>*Free Childcare, Lunch, and Parking

Thank you, Al.

I'm on most of the IMC and Prairie Green lists as well as the two Peace
lists, and it's only because Barry Miller sent this to one of the Greens
lists about a week ago that I've seen it prior to now.

Martha Zarate e-mailed me a couple days ago, asking me if I had seen any
sort of schedule for the teach-in.  Again, it's only because Barry had
e-mailed it to the Greens list that I had it available to send to her.

Martha felt, and I concur, that this event should probably have been
publicized more widely and sooner, as soon as the schedule was firmed up.

I'm not sure who I'm addressing these comments to, but probably to those who
comprise the "Media" working group of AWARE.  I hope in the future there
will be a little more concerted and coordinated effort to get the message
out ASAP, so that those receiving it can in turn circulate the information
more widely.

John