[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Sept 15 AWARE Teach-In

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Wed Dec 12 06:45:47 CST 2001

I would add to my comments below that this should also have gone out on the
"Peace" mailing list, since it's an announcement of an event.

John

>Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:58:53 -0600
>To: Al Kagan <akagan at uiuc.edu>, Peace-discuss at lists.groogroo.com
>From: John Wason <jwason at prairienet.org>
>Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Fwd: Sept 15  AWARE Teach-In
>
>At 01:20 PM 12/11/2001 -0600, Al Kagan wrote:
>
>>>PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY
>>>The Urbana-Champaign Anti-War, Anti-Racism Effort invites you to
>>>Expanding our Perspectives
>>>-----------------------------------------------------
>>>A Teach-in About the US War on Afghanistan and Beyond
>>>Saturday, December 15, 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
>>>McKinley Foundation, 5th and Daniel, Champaign
>>>*Free Childcare, Lunch, and Parking

>Thank you, Al.
>
>I'm on most of the IMC and Prairie Green lists as well as the two Peace
lists, and it's only because Barry Miller sent this to one of the Greens
lists about a week ago that I've seen it prior to now.

>Martha Zarate e-mailed me a couple days ago, asking me if I had seen any
sort of schedule for the teach-in.  Again, it's only because Barry had
e-mailed it to the Greens list that I had it available to send to her.

>Martha felt, and I concur, that this event should probably have been
publicized more widely and sooner, as soon as the schedule was firmed up.

>I'm not sure who I'm addressing these comments to, but probably to those
who comprise the "Media" working group of AWARE.  I hope in the future there
will be a little more concerted and coordinated effort to get the message
out ASAP, so that those receiving it can in turn circulate the information
more widely.