[Peace-discuss] Change

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 23 11:54:18 CST 2001

Hi Susan and all,

Thanks Susan for posting this.   In view of people's over-extension
already, it seems to me that whether or not there is a "group" to do the
alerting, people need to reached via Peace-Discuss and urged to join it.

I think there should be a weekly announcement on the PEACE list urging
people to get onto the Peace-Discuss list and explaining why it's
important-- including the fact that "alerts" go on there  (in addition to
very important opinion-sharing).

It would be nice to have  "Alerts" digested into one posting when possible,
to avoid them being interspersed with the conversations that are also an
important part of the list-- unless that is too complicated.  It would
depend on if someone had the time and temperament to take this on.  If they
simply get posted without a coordinator, that's better than not having them
available.

Also-- I wonder if someone could contact whoever administers the
Peace-Discuss list (who might be out of town now but we could do this
January 2nd), and find out how we can make it easier to get on
Peace-Discuss.  I think it should be someone who is familiar with computers
(which leaves me out), so technical issues can be resolved, if there are
any.  It's really important to be easy to get on that list.

Thanks,
Barbara