[Peace-discuss] Hearts and Minds

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 01:01:00 CST 2001

Hi,

I think it would be useful on this list, and perhaps we can use the subject
title Hearts and Minds (unless someone wants to use another name) in which
we can share experiences, ideas and quesitons about interactions with
people we meet, or friends who might not be involved in the anti-war
effort, etc.  I know many of us have been doing this kind of interaction,
some are more shy than others, etc.  I think mutual support would be
helpful.  For me, there is always the delicate balance between over-pushing
and "scaring off" well-meaning people, and not sharing enough information
to move them to begin to think about, and actually do something about, the
situation.  I don't want to pressure those of us who don't feel they want
to do this kind of outreach, but I do want it to be something that can
encourage folks who do want to reach out, and could use some more tools
(I'm certainly one who can always use ideas).

I've got a few experiences to share and questions to ask, but it's late and
I think I'll leave this for now.  I hope we can have a lively interchange
together later on.  I'm looking forward to all of us being able to share
and receive our wisdom on this very important facet of our work.

With hope and concern,
Barbara