[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Ad Council creates pro-liberty advertisements

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:21:35 CDT 2002

This is precisely why we do not need to be shy about our plans for 9/11.  I
agree that we should express sadness, and generally conduct ourselves as
sincere human beings.  But to back away now as so many groups did a year ago
would be to acquiesce (again) to the bloody policies that are killing our
brothers and sisters around the world, and depriving us of our hard-won
liberties.  It is hard, but it is necessary.  We have a good crew.  We can
do this.

Ricky

>From: Alfred Kagan <akagan at uiuc.edu>
>To: Peace-discuss at lists.groogroo.com
>Subject: [Peace-discuss] Fwd: Ad Council creates pro-liberty advertisements
>Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:57:35 -0500
>
>So the build-up to 9/11 is already starting.

>>Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:51:07 -0400
>>From: Chuck Munson <chuck at tao.ca>
>>To: SRRT Action Council <srrtac-l at ala.org>
>>Cc: "alaoif at ala1.ala.org" <alaoif at ala1.ala.org>,
>>	SRRT Action Council <srrtac-l at ala.org>
>>Subject: [SRRTAC-L:8706] Ad Council creates pro-liberty advertisements
>>(very good)
>>Sender: owner-srrtac-l at ala.org
>>These PSAs are really wacked out. They are supposed to be fictional
>>depictions of life in a country other than the U.S., but they are
>>incredibly hypocritical!
>>
>>For example, the "Library" PSA shows a young guy asking for a book from a
>>librarian, who informs him that it is no longer available and then asks
>>him why he wants to read it. They pan the library and all these government
>>agents pop out of hiding.
>>
>>Of course, as many of you know, the U.S. government would like to see this
>>become a reality, with some kind of TIPS programs for libraries. The FBI
>>is already requesting information from libraries and libraries have this
>>annoying habit of monitoring and controlling the surfing habits of patrons
>>at library terminals.
>>
>>I looked at another PSA, "Arrest," which shows some guy being pulled over
>>by the police and then being arrested for having the wrong reading
>>material. Fact it, activists and other people have routinely been detained
>>at airports for having the wrong reading material. Having radical books in
>>your car has frequently been a pretext for arrest and, at the least,
>>harassment.
>>
>>Don't get me started about what happens to Americans who commit
>>intellectual property "thoughtcrimes" against corporations.
>>
>>Chuck0

“What we want … is the complete destruction of the domination and
exploitation of man by man; we want men united as brothers by a consensus
and desired solidarity, all cooperating voluntarily for the well-being of
all; we want society to be constituted for the purpose of supplying
everybody with the means for achieving the maximum well-being, the maximum
possible moral and spiritual development; we want bread, freedom, love and
science – for everybody.”  - Errico Malatesta