[Peace-discuss] Drumbeats for war

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 13:15:34 CDT 2002

The drumbeats for war escalate. The escalation is based on real and perceived
threats orchestrated by Sadaam Hussein. The Bush administration has made it
perfectly clear that a regime change must occur.  One aspect of the reasoning
is the possession of and possible use of weapons of mass destruction by the
Iraqi military against United States interests and U.S. Allies or coalition
partners.  During the Iran - Iraq war the United States and other U.S
coalition governments permitted and actually encouraged companies to provide
Iraq with the chemical, biological, and radiological precursors and weapons
for use against Iran (Reigel Report, U.S. Senate).   Consequently with the
initiation of the Gulf War we knew that Iraq possessed those weapons of mass
destruction provide by the United States and had in fact developed,
stockpiled, and weaponized additional weapons of mass destruction to include
but not limited to; sarin, cyclo-sarin, soman, tabun, VX, Novachuks, Anthrax,
botulinium toxin, bacillus globigii, and staphylococcus.   During all phases
of the Gulf War coalition forces were exposed to low level releases of these
agents as a consequence to deliberate U.S. military artillery strikes, air
strikes, explosives use and Iraqi land mines, Scuds, artillery rounds, and
sprayers that were unleashed on U.S. coalition forces during combat actions.
Both the U.S. and Iraqi military in also destroyed of the industrial
infrastructure releasing all kinds of hazardous materials. The Iraqi
destruction of over 600 oil wells released a toxic mess that was distributed
over a region with a 250 miles radius from each well. Then, we have the
deliberate use by U.S. and British forces of depleted uranium munitions.
Upon the completion of the ground war phase U.S. coalition partners entered
Kuwait and Iraq to destroy the known stockpiles of weapons of mass
destruction (WMD's). The United Nations team of which Scott Ritter was member
also spent years finding and destroying Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.
Consequently, all of these combat and post combat releases of WMD's have left
trail of death and illness in most military personnel and too many
noncombatants.  One reason for the extent of the known health and
environmental problems is that U.S. coalition forces just ignored and still
do ignore what happened. Military personnel had defective equipment,
inadequate education and training, and virtually no medical care.
Noncombatants were just simply ignored as if they did not exist.

The next reason is the continued attacks on U.S. interests abroad and home.
A truck bomb attack on U.S. military barracks at Kobar Towers in Saudi Arabia
occurred because there was absolutely no security in place to prevent an
enemy from approaching and launching an attack. The next incidents, which
involved attacks on U.S. Embassies also, could have been prevented by
adequate security that was simply ignored. Then we have the attack on the
U.S.S. Cole that once more involved a complete failure of security and
defense in a known hostile area.  The culmination was the attacks on
September 1, 2001 that could have been prevented if desired based on all of
the warnings that had been issued by foreign governments, the United Nations,
and U.S. intelligence agencies.

What I have described consists of willful actions resulting in death,
illness, and destruction that provoked a response and also enabled various
groups to succeed in their efforts. The purpose in part was and still is to
gain public and political support for military action. Today, U.S. officials
are discussing the implementation of a pre-planned and tested preemptive
attack on Iraq and any nation that refuses to comply with U.S. directives and
wishes.  We must prevent this preemptive military attack! The reasons are not
the establishment democracy but for geopolitical and economic reasons.
Simply, we must do what is right for God and the citizens of