[Peace-discuss] Bad craziness in DC

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:34:51 CDT 2002

OK, this is really thoroughly insane now.  It's quite a lot like what's
called "magical thinking" in Hitler's Willing Executioners.  By Cheney's
logic, every country should just wipe out every other country now: they all
have the POTENTIAL to develop weapons of mass destruction.  But they
certainly should first all team up and obliterate the USA, as we are the
only ones who have ever actually USED nuclear weapons (both times against
virtually undefended civilian targets, no less) AND we are by far the most
belligerent nation on earth AND we have by far the largest stockpiles of
various weapons of mass destruction.  We literally make Saddam look like a
penny-ante player.

Ricky

>From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu>
>To: Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com
>Subject: [Peace-discuss] Bad craziness in DC
>Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:16:55 -0500
>
>[Each of the clowns deciding to invade Iraq is madder than the last.
>Here's the wretched Cheney giving a speech to the VFW.  It was summarized
>on NPR as saying the the US cannot wait for proof that Iraq has a nuclear
>weapon -- we must strike now.  Cheney's argument is barely coherent -- but
>it is vicious and quite dangerous.  --CGE]
>

>(Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney called on Monday for a liberated
>Iraq, saying now not later is the time for a pre-emptive strike against
>President Saddam Hussein.

[snip]

“It is only those who do nothing who make no mistakes. - Peter Kropotkin