[Peace-discuss] Speakers working group

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 23 22:46:42 CDT 2002

AWARE Speaker Events Working Group, Minutes July 21, 2002

Attending: Jay Mittenthal (384-6468, mitten at life.uiuc.edu), Jeff
Glassman (344-2903, lfay at prairienet.org), Carol Inskeep (344-9155,
inskeep at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu), Marina Manetti (344-3646,
marina at go.com), David Green (356-2034, davegreen48 at yahoo.com), Miriam
Larson (328-6648, mimilar at yahoo.com), Al Kagan (351-9035,
akagan at uiuc.edu), Meridith Kruse (344-3592, bmmk at soltec.net)

Carol facilitated the meeting.

Possible speakers are someone from Families for a Peaceful Tomorrow,
Ahmed Bensouda, and maybe a third person like Francis Boyle or
someone from the Palestine divestment campaign.  There could be a
daytime panel, 11 AM - 2 PM and an evening talk.  The daytime event
could include break-up in small discussion groups and art and
revolution group.  The speaker from the Families group should include
Afghanistan trip discussion and possibly photo exhibit. We might also
get a well-known musician to volunteer to perform.

Carol will check on possible dates for Families group speaker.  After
we get a specific date and time, Al will contact Ahmed.

Appropriate venues include Wesley Foundation, IDF, McKinley
Foundation.  Meridith will check availability and costs.

Best dates are weekend of Sept. 7/8 or 14/15.

Minutes by Al Kagan.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328