[Peace-discuss] Call for Petitions

Alfred Weiss awweiss at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 18 12:35:58 CDT 2002

Thanks to everyone who has helped to gather signatures for the Carl
Estabrook campaign!  All your work is making great progress towards
ensuring that we have enough signatures to get Carl on the ballot.

Please keep in mind that we are turning in the petitions to the State
Board of Elections next Monday (the 24th) so we need to collect any
outstanding petition sheets before this weekend.  If you still have
petitions please have them notarized and turn them into the campaign
as soon as possible.  You can drop them off directly at Carl's house
(5 Litchfield Lane, Champaign) or, If you are unable to drop them
off, please contact me (e-mail: awweiss at uiuc.edu, phone: 344-3372)
and I will make arrangements to pick them up at your convenience.
Each signature is important so even if you have only collected one or
two, please be sure to turn them in.

We will continue collecting signatures through Sunday evening and we
will need volunteers to help petition at Taste of Champaign, the
Farmers Market, and other area locations.  If you are able to
volunteer for this last important push, please let myself or John
Paul (jpshmit at life.uiuc.edu) know so we can have your petitions
notarized and collected Sunday evening (we will have a notary on hand
Sunday night).  We will post more details on the locations and times
of petitioning events later this week so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks again to all those who have done so much to make this campaign work!

Al Weiss