[Peace-discuss] WTOuld that it were so...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Thu May 23 18:47:40 CDT 2002

[The following is from the founder and co-director of the non-profit
"Co-Intelligence Institute" <http://www.co-intelligence.org/>.  --CGE]

At 5/23/2002  11:47 AM, Tom Atlee wrote:

Dear friends,

This just came in.  It announces the disbanding of the World Trade
Organization (WTO), which is to reform in a just and democratic new form.
I expect this announcement will spread like wildfire among progressives,
greens, cultural creatives, etc.  It is, sadly, a spoof (see
<http://directory.google.com/top/society/activism/media/culture_jamming/spoof_we
bsites/?tc=1>).  But I think it's one of the most creative and ingeniously
crafted spoofs I've seen!!  It looks virtually identical to the real WTO
website (<http://www.wto.org>) and it makes us think and feel some very
positive things.

It comes close to what I call "imagineering" (see item 6 on
http://www.co-intelligence.org/P-scenario-visioning.html ), where flights
of imagination like this are used to actually create changes in the real
world.  I've added a closing statement to the announcement below to make
it a true imagineering piece.  You can forward it as such (without all
this introductory stuff) or you can forward this whole message, as you
wish. (Or, better yet, cut and paste it, so that it doesn't accumulate all
those >s and start breaking up the lines.)

Let our best dreams become real.

Coheartedly, Tom

Sydney