[Peace-discuss] egg on face (was: FWD: WTO to disband)

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Thu May 23 18:45:32 CDT 2002

Okay, I've been snookered, taken in, bamboozled - and inflicted it on you
all too. An alert friend responded with this:

>Hey Jim
>Don't know for sure if its a hoax, but I am deeply deeply suspicious. If
>you go to www.wto.org you see the exact same web page, but without the
>announcement of WTO disbanding. Also, the links of gatt.org mostly lead to
>wto.org, with the exception of the disbanding announcement and a couple
>other things. My guess is some clever person found out that gatt.org
>wasn't taken and copied the WTO page and modified it.
>But who knows - maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Following up, I belatedly checked ownership of www.gatt.org via a web
search. Here's what turns up on a "WHOIS" search:
>Registrant:
>Prince & Associates Inc (GATT5-DOM)
>1414 17th St Suite #300 NW
>Washington, DC 20036
>
>Domain Name: GATT.ORG
>
>Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
>Prince, J (JP4605) jonathan at KILLYOURTV.COM
>Prince and Associates Inc
>1414 17th St #300 NW
>Washington, DC 20036
>US
>202-462-8537 202-462-8537

Must be a different GATT ;-). Sorry about passing along ludicrous bytes -
but wasn't it fun while it lasted?

jb