[Peace-discuss] Support S. 2184 To Protect Workers From Ergonomic Injuries

baldwinricky at hotmail.com baldwinricky at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 11:05:06 CDT 2002

Friends,

I have a friend in Buffalo who will never work again
because of ergonomic injuries he received as a tiremaker.
Many of us know people whose lives have been changed
forever by repetive motion injuries. They are the number
one most common type of injury in the workplace today,
but when we hear about the horrible crimes being committed
on the international level, we too often forget about
the injustices in our own backyard. The Bush Administration
has been so bad on so many things, that itr's easy
to overlook the rather dull ways the administration
is screwing ordinary folks - e.g. reining in OSHA (which
is already weak).

We need an ergonomics standard, and this bill would
require it. Sen. Fitzgerald is not a cosponsor, but
Durbin is.

http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/s2184?rk=j7qgaWM1qp1VW

Support S. 2184 To Protect Workers From Ergonomic Injuries

Tell your senators to support S. 2184 for protection
from crippling ergonomic injuries like carpal tunnel
syndrome and back strain.

Click on the link below for more information
from your union, online activism and benefits.
http://www.unionvoice.org/wfn/join.html