[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Fwd: Zionist propaganda in the DI!

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Fri Nov 22 00:17:35 CST 2002

FYI, the website promoted in the ad, www.campustruth.org, includes graphics
of today's ad and, I'm guessing, the ads to run later. (For instance: "On
September. 11 2001 Israelis Mourned in Tel-Aviv. On September. 11 2001
Palestinians Celebrated in Lebanon. There Are Two Sides To Every Story, But
Only One Truth.") The site's main page starts off with this text:

>Welcome to campustruth.org. We are a group of Americans of all faiths who
>accept
>diversity of opinion but believe in truth and accuracy.
>
>We are disturbed by the false accusations and untruths being told by many
>in the
>Arab world and perpetuated by the American and foreign media, such as the
>erroneously reported "massacre" in Jenin and the heinous accusations of
>Jews using
>Arab blood to bake holiday pastries.
>
>American college students are the newest targets of the Arab propaganda
>machine's
>disinformation campaign. Our response is this initiative, which is
>designed to spur
>students to think through the issues and see the facts in their true context.

There is no information on the site about who might be behind it. A "whois"
search on joker.com returns this info:

>Domain Name: CAMPUSTRUTH.ORG
>
>                                                  Created
> on..............: Wed, Aug 28, 2002
>                                                  Expires
> on..............: Sat, Aug 28, 2004
>                                                  Record last updated
> on..: Mon, Nov 11, 2002
>
>                                                  Administrative Contact:
>                                                  One Truth Foundation
>                                                  M. Rosen
>                                                  800 Third Avenue-4th floor
>                                                  NYC, NY 10152
>                                                  US
>                                                  Phone: 212-561-0180
>                                                  Email:
> campustruth at hotmail.com

Google and Altavista don't turn up anything for One Truth Foundation, and
www.whitepages.com doesn't have any info on the phone number or a Rosen at
that office address. According to Google, the only site on earth that links
to www.campustruth.org is that of a Hillel Center at the University of
Chicago (http://hillel.uchicago.edu/israel_res.html) -  there, it's
described as "Israel Advocacy." Letters in other campus newspapers complain
about campustruth.org ads - Google found complaint letters at the
University of Maryland and the University of Chicago.

jb