[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Fwd: Zionist propaganda in the DI!

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 21 23:22:16 CST 2002

Note that first ad is already there, see page 14 under the TV
listings.  It is worst case scenario: half page, one side is photo of
Israeli athlete celebrating victory, the other side is a Palestinian
suicide bomber with gun.  The heading over the Israeli is "Israeli
School Children's Hero."  The heading over the Palestinian is
"Palestinian School Children's Hero."

There is no real text.  At the bottom in red is: "There are two sides
to every story, but only one is truth."

In small type, there are URLs for the Israel Defense Force, Palestine
Media Watch, NYT, Toronto Star, and Washington Times.  And the URL
for their own website is in large type.

The DI called me today just after I sent my letter on the ad, but the
reporter didn't know about the letter.  She asked me to speak for
AWARE about the ad.  I told her I just had lunch with a few AWARE
members and that we didn't agree, so I could only talk for myself,
which I did.